Puerto Vallarta is one of the most family-friendly vacation destinations in the world and there are tons great activities for kids and parents located all around the city. Here’s our Top 5 Family Activities in Puerto Vallarta:
1. Head down to the Malecon: There is so much to see and do on the Malecon, that it is a must-see family destination while you’re on vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Some of the highlights include: free kayak, stroller, tandem bike and tricycle loans, sand sculptures, wandering musicians and performers, flying acrobats and food stands selling kid-friendly menu items.
2. Spend a day in Sayulita: This little surf town in located about one hour from Puerto Vallarta on one of the most beautiful beaches in Banderas Bay. Spend the afternoon relaxing at one of the many beach club restaurants and taking surf or stand-up paddle boarding lessons.
3. Check out the Galerias Shopping Center: Time to get out of the sun for a little bit? Try this excellent shopping plaza located across from the cruise ship terminal. Kids will love the carousel, train ride, pet store with petting area, miniature car race track, ice cream shops and movie theatre, while parents will love restaurants like Chili’s and Flash Taco that have enclosed kid’s play areas.
4. Take a water taxi to Quimixto: Hire a water taxi from Los Muertos beach to take you to serene Quimixto which is only accessible by boat. From there you can take a guided horseback tour through the mountains up to a waterfall which has a great swimming hole and a restaurant.
5. Spend a day at Los Veranos Canopy Tours: We’re not too shy to tell you that we are one of the top family activities in Puerto Vallarta! Our friendly guides love helping kids have an amazing experience exploring the jungle canopy. And with nature hikes, river fun, our animal house and a restaurant and tequila bar (moms and dads only!), Los Veranos is a full day of family fun.
So get out and get active in Puerto Vallarta! With so many things to do and see, you’re going to have the best family vacation ever. We’ll be waiting for you!